snowy field image

snowy field image

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Frozen dolls in progress

Finally settled on a pattern for the dolls for my boyfriend's nieces and got started.  I keep getting sidetracked by other things so it's a bit slow going.  Really excellent free patterns for two sizes of similar dolls from byhookbyhand: http://byhookbyhand.blogspot.com/2015/02/simply-amis.html  Made some changes to the legs so they don't bend but I love the head design that can swivel.  This is a great intro to making dolls with movable joints which opens up so many possibilities for future projects.

I decided to crochet the doll bodies and sew on the clothes for more details.  There's a lot of cute embroidery to add here.  Still no hair done so they're looking a little bald but I want to get it right.  I think once the first set of dolls is done the second set should go much faster since I'm taking a lot of notes and making drawings and diagrams.  The little snowman should be easiest because he has no clothes and there are tons of reference projects out there for him.

Need some motivation to get working on these again.  I've noticed that if the excitement of the idea wears off before I'm done, it's bad news for that project.





No comments:

Post a Comment